8.28.2006

monterey bay aquarium






Yesterday.
it was amelias birthdayyyyy!
i went to great america with my family and cousins. It was pretty fun. i went on top gun and drop zone and some kid spongebob ride. We bought candy and went home to play video games and stuff.
Today i woke up at 10 and went to montery bay aquarium with my brother and jezeill. It was cold over there. We walked around the whole place, touched some sting rays and star fish. Then we went to go eat and this expensive seafood restaurant that looks out over the ocean. I had the best clam chowder in the world in a huge bread bowl. I couldnt even finish it. 11 bucks :) it was soooo good and worth it. So we walked around to the candy stores and saw this art gallery of this guy who paints illustrations for books about two mice a cat and a pirate frog! the paintings were soo nice they almost looked 3D. And there was half of a pirate ship built into the wall of the art gallery. I bought one of his calendars!
The artists website is here http://www.artifactsgallery.com/art.asp?!=A&ID=747

Seeing His paintings of pirate ships and little animal pirates makes me want to draw! i havent drawn in a while. too tired.
And Just now i came back from watching Idlewild. It was a really good movie, they had very unique animations that happened and it went with the music. its hard to explain so just go watch it :)
i should clean my room. tomorrow is my last day of summer. Im going to go watch pirates of the caribbean2 by myself tomorrow cause everyone has seen it already. and get ready for school. ugh















sketches i did a while ago,
practicing anatomy from my head

2 comments:

Amelia Lorenz said...

cooooool!!!
Looks like you had fun this weekend :)

Cindey said...

mmm clam chowder... and I really like Leonard Filgate's paintings! You have such good anatomy just from your head... funny because the teachers at csssa thought you were doing lots of observational drawings when it was all from your head. :P hehe